TALLAHASSEE -The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity announced Florida has experienced 14 consecutive months of job growth, gaining 69,300 private sector jobs over the month, which is more than double the revised May 2021 private sector employment gain of 34,600 jobs. Florida has gained 907,900 jobs since the height of the pandemic.
For 11 consecutive months, Florida’s unemployment rate, currently at 5.0 percent, has remained below the national rate, which is currently at 5.9 percent. The change in Florida’s unemployment rate (up 0.1 percentage point from May) reflects the significant increase in the labor force of 83,000 over the month, showing that active job seekers continue to rejoin the workforce with many job opportunities available. Data in the month of June indicates that widespread job availability continues across Florida, with more than 528,000 available jobs posted online throughout the state. Florida’s unemployment rate has dramatically lowered over the year, decreasing by 6.6 percentage points.
“Under Governor DeSantis’ bold leadership, Florida’s economy continues to thrive and grow with fourteen consecutive months of job growth,” said Secretary Dane Eagle of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. “Many job seekers are returning to the workforce, and businesses across the state continue to provide Floridians with opportunities for employment, which bolsters our state’s economy.”
Florida Economic Indicators for June 2021 include:
· Unemployment rate is 5.0 percent.
· Florida businesses gained 69,300 private sector jobs over the month.
· Labor force was up 83,000 over the month, bringing the June 2021 total up to 10,398,000.
· Florida’s private sector employment increased by 378,500, or 5.2 percent, over the year.
· Private sector industries gaining the most jobs over-the-month were:
· Leisure and Hospitality with 41,500 new jobs
· Trade, Transportation, and Utilities with 8,000 new jobs
· Education and Health Services with 5,700 new jobs
· Financial Activities with 3,400 new jobs
· Consumer Sentiment Index was 82.7 in June 2021, an increase of 1.5 points compared to the revised May figure of 81.2.
To view the June 2021 jobs reports by region, please see below:
To view the June 2021 employment data visit: www.floridajobs.org/labor-market-information/labor-market-information-press-releases/monthly-press-releases.
Visit Florida Insight, for more information on labor market and economic data. Additionally, the Department has provided a video to assist users in explaining the data provided through Florida Insight and the new platform.
Floridians in search of work and new job opportunities are encouraged to turn to the CareerSource Florida network for help. Floridians can find guidance to register with Employ Florida (EmployFlorida.com) and search listings of available local job openings. Career seekers also can improve employability assistance, perfecting resume writing, interviewing skills, establishing career goals, and pursuing customized career training. These services are provided at no cost to job seekers.
# # #
- Font Size
- Reading Mode