ALACHUA COUNTY – The Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Office kicked off its annual visits to the county's seven public high schools with a visit to Hawthorne Middle/High School on Wednesday, January 12. Students learned about the voting process and had an opportunity to pre-register or register to vote.
The Supervisor of Elections has conducted an annual school outreach program since 1993.
In Florida, prospective voters can pre-register to vote beginning at 16. When a pre-registered voter turns 18, his or her voter registration activates automatically.
As part of its annual school outreach program, the Supervisor of Elections Office will present to the following schools on the following dates:
- Jan. 12: Hawthorne Middle/High School
- Jan. 31: Eastside High School
- Feb. 2: Buchholz High School (Virtual)
- Feb. 3: Gainesville High School
- Feb. 7: Newberry High School
- Feb. 9: Loften High School
- Feb. 10: Santa Fe High School